Re: arms to catch prey

I disagree on whether or not snakes ... all snakes are ambushers. I have
been watching snakes  stalk, kill and eat live prey for more than 30-years.
Some are sit and wait opportunists -- a meal passes by, they strike.
Recent scientific studies indicate that snakes trail their prey using their
olfactory senses -- tongue flicking/Jacobson's organ/ ..... in fact venomous
snakes after they bite and give a paralyzing or killing dose of venom to
prey on the move then trail it to where it drops. And then dine.

 grenard@herpmed.com
http://www.xmission.com/~gastown/herpmed/
POB 40825 - Staten Island NY 10304
Tel/Fax: 1-718-447-6144