FOR MICKEY..

> --
> Mickey Rowe     (rowe@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu)
>    "That belongs in a museum!"    (name the movie, Darren!)

'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'. Errr.. I think I've put this out to the
list.. d'oh! Sorry people..

Err, dinosaurs..

I heard this morning that the new, mega-huge South American theropod will be
described in next week's Nature as _Gigantosaurus carolini_. I thought that
_Gigantosaurus_ had already been used for _incertae sedis_ sauropods...

Well, perhaps someone else can figure it out (as I write, there has been no
mention of this impending publication in my mail-box. Am I just behind schedule,
as I'm surprised that no-one else has commented on it yet.).

STEGOSAUR PLATES

OK, so now I know about stegosaur throat ossicles, pelvic scutes and lateral
caudal spikes, but what's this about 'dish-shaped plate in the shoulder region'?
Help?

"You ever wonder what all those sparkly things are up there?"
"I don't wonder  - I _know_!"  "So what are they?"
"They're fireflies that got..stuck..up on that.. big.. bluey thing"
"Oh. I always thought that they were huge clouds of gas billions of miles away"

DARREN NAISH
dwn194@soton.ac.uk