Words I have learned....

     -At 10:31 AM 9/19/95 -0400, Jerry D. Harris wrote: > abstracts thingy

     -I must add this highly technical term to my growing list of
     -palaeo-talk, which also includes "buttload," thanks to TH. Let's see
     -. . . "Harris, Holtz, and Olshevsky revealed in a recent _JVP_
     -abstracts thingy that they were about to revamp *Ceratopian*
     -phylogeny, based upon their in-depth analyses of a whole buttload of
     -new material."

     ok, words I have learned on this list....

     THAGOMIZER=from Larson, the spikes on the end of a stegasaur tail.
     (question-does this name apply to spikes on other generas' tails?)

     BUTTLOAD=from Holtz, a large amount of something, usually referring to
     paperwork
     (question-wouldn't this mean a BUTTINSKY is someone that does
     paperwork?)

     ABSTRACTS THINGY=from Harris, Holtz, and Olshevsky, a paper written on
     some stuff.  Not usually available when you want it.

     HUMPING (snicker)=how pinnipeds move on dry land (no comment, nope,
     not one)

     NECKING=what boy giraffes do to other boy giraffes when they want to
     do the naughty thing with girl giraffes.  Rather like arm wrestling
     but makes bigger bruises.

     -Betty