Re: Lost World?

     >>Jeff Poling (jpoling@infinet.com) wrote:
     >>>I noticed that the Jurassic Park sequel by Michael Crichton, _The
     Lost >>>World_, comes out in a couple of weeks.

     >>Isn't that title taken (by Conan Doyle)? :)

      >It is. Can he still use it, though?

     >Titles cannot be copyrighted. But using the same title as a previous
     >work shows something of a lack of originality.

     Maybe it's a title in homage to the original story and the other 3
     movies by the same name?

     (1925-produced in part by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
     (1948-stock footage reused)
     (1960-Irwin Allen)

     -Betty Cunningham
     (resent after our net server at work ate about all my out-going mail)