Re: Bakker lecture

     Regarding the Brontosaurus-Apatosaurus business, isn't there a
section in the ICZN that talks about "convience"?  In other words, if a
name has been used for a long time and is familiar, and someone finds an
older name, an appeal can be made to keep the more familiar name?  S.J.
Gould talked about this some in "Bully for Brontosaurus" using the Boa
constrictor as an example.
     Of course, with the majority of dinosaur literature having used
Apatosaurus for years, by now I'm at least as comfortable with the name
Apatosaurus as I am with Brontosaurus, so I don't see what the
problem is.

J.Martz