Re: Sauropod spines

>In a message dated 95-09-19 22:18:36 EDT, zooamy@zoo.latrobe.edu.au (Adam
>Yates) writes:

>Ah, yes. The theropods. By the time we reach _Eoraptor_ et al. in the
>theropodomorph cladogram, the dermal armor has become pre-feathers (and
>farther up, real feathers), which are known only in the basitheropod
>_Longisquama_ so far. But that's a whole other story that I'm not quite ready
>to go into just yet.

Just a little?  Is there any evidence that the peculiar structures of
Longisquama are actually feather homologues as opposed to funny-looking
things that look vaguely like feathers?  Or evidence that any non-avian dino
had feathers?
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5