resurrecting an old subject

I know it's been a while (3 months if you're counting), but for a few
days we were kicking around some ideas about the "intelligence" of
corvids (crows, ravens and their ilk -- no Virginia, I don't think we
tried to find any non-black ones ;-) in order to explore the possible
range of dinosaur social interaction.  Well, a relevant book has just
been brought to my attention via another mailing list.  I'll add it to
my stack of things I want to read.  If you want to beat me to it,
though:

Savage, Candace. Bird Brains: The intelligence of Crows, Ravens, Magpies and
Jays. Sierra Club, 1995.

If you read it, please give us a report!