Re: sex change in dinos (JP)

At 04:16 9/30/95 -0400, David Brez Carlisle wrote:

>              It would have made far more sense for his
>"scientists" to have realized belatedly that sex is labile in
>other reptiles and so could be labile in dinos too.

        This sentence, at least for me, explains why Chrichton handled the
plot of JP.  If this was going to be a limited edition, scientific documentary,
then fine.  "Scientific" people do know that there is sex change other than
operations in Sweden.  But, sad to say, the general public is not interested
in scientific research.  The level of U.S. scientific and math ability is
not keeping up to the world standard.

        I have been told that the percentage of students enrolled in the
math department at the University of New Orleans is approx. 10% U.S. and
four times that Chinese.

        Brag: My son, at UNO, is in the math department and he is taking,
as a second language, Mandarin Chinese to better interface with his fellows.

Robert Margulski
rmarguls@cybercomm.net