Re: Therizinosaurus

Dinogeorge@aol.com
<<Right. Don't let the cladists fool you: They're nowhere near establishing
segnosaurs as theropods; the closer you scrutinize their supposed
"synapomorphies," the more unlikely these features-as-synapomorphies seem.>>

Not again.  Are we going to have another Segnosaur - synapomorphy - war?  I'm
still recovering from the first one.  By the way... it was decided that
Segnosauria would be their name on the list (for those agreeing to go along
with the vote) 5 - 1 over Therizinosauroidea (wonder where that sole vote for
therizinosauroideans came from? :).

Peter Buchholz
Stang1996@aol.com