Re: Baucus Bill

We tend to forget that the government is "representative" of us.  Ultimately
"we " are responsible.  We tend to defer to government, as if it were an
entity apart form the "governed".  By doing so, we only creat a gonvernment
that is unresponsive to the gonvernment.  As members of the "governed" with
special knowledge, we have a responsiblilty to inform the government so that
the decisions of gonvernment are at least infomed.

With all the discussion here, and none of it being transmitted to those who
"govern" as our representatives, have we discharged our responsibilities?

John Ellingson