Re: ICZN

In a message dated 95-09-28 15:03:22 EDT, Stang1996@aol.com writes:

>_Paravertibra_, I would guess _Minmi_ is feminine.

It's _paravertebra_, and its gender doesn't bear on the gender of the generic
name, because it is a noun in apposition to the generic name. As in _Edmarka
rex_: _Edmarka_ is feminine, but _rex_ is masculine. So you can't infer the
gender of the generic name from the specific epithet in this instance--just
when the specific epithet is adjectival. As far as I know, a gender for
_Minmi_ hasn't yet been specified.