Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 12:01:50 -0400
Originator: dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu
Sender: dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu
>From: Greg Claytor <greg1@svpal.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu>
Subject: Fossils - SELL EM!

Ah screw it.  I was going to disect the points of ealier posts, but screw it.
Ive been on this list for over a year now, so what, and Ive heard
objections from every avenue stating that buying REAL fossils is
immoral and, as Worf would put it, without honor.  Balagna!

Especialy in light of this whole this whole Public vs. Owner of Sue
contoversy.  Its clear that the Gov aint commin to the rescue of any of
ya all and yet ya all wanna keep diggin dem bones and be able ta pay yas
rent.  Aint nobody payin but yall.  Wake up!  Aint nobody inerested till
the next movie comes out.  So, how yal all gonna fund you selfs till then?

Sell them little fragments!  Not those big heads and legs and arms and
stuff.  Sell them little toofises, toes, repos and
put the cash back into your digs next summer.  FUND YOU OWN DAMN SELFS!
Then rely on guys like me to come dig for you durring the summer for free.
I cant believe that there are not specimens that are in collections,
small ones, that you cant sell to genreate cash.  Auction them off.

Callin on Billy Bob aint doin nothin.  Generate your own intrest.  I may
not be a Dr. of Dinosaur Paleontology, but I do understand what equity is.
Ya all have some land.  As much as a rail road.  Sell some of that right
of way ya all aint usin and fund the expansion.

But oh, but there is that dilema of professional responsibilty.  Wow, sounds
like a politians excuse to me.  So instead bitch at the Gov.  Bitch at ya
owm damn selfs!

What about sellin one universities fossils to another, or to a museum, or
to a collector?  How hard is it to keep a data base?  Ya all seem to be
able to keep the new refs in order.  I haer lots of compaining, but no
solutions.

        Greg Claytor
        greg1@svpal.org
        Dino Nut