Re: Lifespan of a species

S. Moore writes;

>Question from a lurker:
>
>What is the lifespan of a species? e.g. T. rex?

 From what I have read, it is somewhere between two and five million
years.  After this time, the animal usually evolves or goes extinct.
I guess this could illustrate the idea of the constant evolution of an
ecosystem, where (after a time) the ecosystem changes so much, that
the species is forced to change, of go extinct.

Rob

***
"Oh, Mr. Phelps, your legs are so swollen!"
        -MPFC