[no subject]

>HI, I know this is not strictly a dinos question, but what is the
>correct term (if any) for organisms which superficially look
>alike/have similar habits but are not related (ie the results of
>convergent evolution).

        That IS the correct term, if I'm understanding your question
correctly.  Convergent evolution _specifically_ applies to _different_
species (that is, species which are NOT related) that have independently
evolved similarities due to their "having similar ecological roles and
selection pressures."

        T.A. Curtis, Proto-paleontologist       E-mail: muriel29@wavenet.com
        13980 Lyons Valley Road                 Phone: 619-669-1801
        Jamul, CA  91935-2024   USA             Fax:  619-669-6390