Re: sauropod feeding dogma

> > One would guess that they might have used a strategy similar to
> > giraffes and spread their front legs, or went down on their elbows, to
> > drink.
>
> A sauropod going down on its elbows?
> Not likely.  Thier thick, elephant-like legs were not very bendable.

Maybe, just maybe, sauropods (especially brachiosaurids &
camarasaurids) got all the water they needed from all the vegetation
they ate.
I know it's not very likely, but if koalas can do it, why not a
sauropod?  I just can't imagine a fully-grown _Brachiosaurus_
stooping to drink from a lake without toppling in.

SPLASH!