Climate change

Don't forget that a climate change would be much more likely to affect small,
delicate animals than the big ones, like dinosaurs. If the global temperature
drops 20 degrees, for example, who would survive, a 30-ton brachiosaurid or a
6-ounce salamander? The brachiosaurid can pick up and move hundreds of miles to
the south (or north) to get to a warmer environment, but the little salamander
has to stay there and freeze. As Bakker once said, "It's cheap to be big."

But if you look at the fossil record, wherever there is a mass dinosaur
extinction there is virtually no corresponding sharp drop in the number of
small animal species.

With the information that I have now, my vote is for a global dino plague.

          A.Gwin
          uacgwin@cc.memphis.edu