RE:sauropod feeding*

From: "Nicholas J. Pharris" <pharrinj@PLU.edu>

 > What kind of ground cover was around in the Mesozoic?  Most dinosaur
 > drawings I've seen show a lot of bare earth.  Seems unlikely to me.

The ground cover was largely ferns, as far as we can tell.  There are
still some local plant communities of this sort.  The ones I am most
familiar with are the bracken meadows of Great Britain and New England.
So, most of the Morrison area appears to have been covered by vaste
expanses of "bracken".

There is some suggestion that somewhat more terrestrial lineages related
to horsetails and quillworts may have been a significant part of the
ground cover (as holdovers from the Carboniferous).

The peace of God be with you.