Re: Climate change

John Ellingson writes;

>The dinosaur individuals of
>any species may have survived the impact in small numbers, but not have
>survived the environmental changes and evolutionary pressures of explosive
>speciation and biomass growth that filled the void following a catacysmic
>event.

Right.  In comparing the most logical of the ideas for the demise of the
 dinosaur, I suspect that the answer is: E) All or most of the above.  When
 it comes down to it, there were a heck of a lot of changes happening.  I
 suspect that the combined effects of all of them was what destroyed the
 dominant life forms at the end of the Cretaceous (both aquatic and
 terrestrial).  Ultimately, I see any bolide impact simply being the coup de
 grace of the already stressed ecosystems.

Rob

***
"I'd like to see John the Baptist's impersonation of Graham Hill."
        -MPFC