Si, bolide! Y volcano!

        It's pretty clear that there was a Yucatan impact that coincided
(geologically speaking) with the _incredibly_ massive Deccan eruptions on
the (then) other side of the world.  When I read about the antipodal
theory, I thought, well, that's it.  Case closed.  Everything explained.
        And yet I haven't heard anything lately about the theory, and so
far (I haven't finished reading the postings), no one on the list has
mentioned it.  Is that because, even if true, antipodism still fails to
explain the selective nature of the KT extinctions?  Or that it is
untestable?  Or has it been discredited/discarded?  What's the latest on
the antipodal theory?

        T.A. Curtis                         E-mail: muriel29@wavenet.com
        13980 Lyons Valley Road
        Jamul, CA  91935-2024   USA         Telephone: 619.669.1801