Re: Dinofest '96

        This is Mikiel.  My mailer is on the glitch right now, so I'm
having to use a friend's account until I can straighten things out.
Apparently ASU's mainframe has almost forgotten that I exist since I'm
not taking any classes this semester, so it may be a while before I get
my system working again.  I haven't received any messages anyone may have
sent to me since the 4th.  (Appologies to Mickey for all the bounced mail
you've probably had to deal with to my account!)

        Anyway, I wanted to let those of you who are coming to
Dinofest know that the Great Russian Dinosaurs exhibit will still be here
through the symposium.  The exhibit is at the Mesa Southwest Museum,
which is about a 10 minute drive from ASU.  (Take Apache Boulevard east
from ASU for 5.5 miles to MacDonald.  Turn left [north] on MacDonald, and
the museum is on your right at the end of the block.)  Admission is $5
for those of you over the age of three.  The musuem will be open Tuesday
to Saturday from 10am - 5pm.  Sunday from 1pm - 5pm.  Closed Mondays.
        Also, I appologize for cluttering up the list with this, but
since my mailer's not working I thought this would be the best way to
reach several of you who expressed an interest in socializing and talking
about paleontology while at Dinofest.  I'm planning on being at a
bar/restaurant called "Old Chicago" every evening after Dinofest, from
the 18th to the 21st.  Anyone who wants to is welcome to drop in and
harangue about dinosaurs or paleontology in general.  Old Chicago is
about a mile south and west of ASU's main campus, on the NE corner of
Broadway and Roosevelt.  Just head south from campus to Broadway, and
then west to Roosevelt and you're there.
        This is an entirely informal gathering, so drop in anytime
between 8pm and midnight.  (I realize this makes me sound like a real
lush, but I prefer to think that I'm serving some kind of function by
hanging out in a bar for four hours a night. :-)  I'll arrange to have
the bar staff direct you to the dinosaur fanatics' table(s) if you'll
just inquire when you get there.
        If you can't make it to the bar, I hope to see a number of you at
the symposium!

-Mikiel
(602)921-8320
924 S. Casitas Dr. Apt. D