Re: Climate change

>It is possible, I suppose, that in the post impact environment as many
>animals struggled to survive that disease played an increasingly important
>role in delivering the final blow to those already weakened individuals.
> Bacteria must have had a hay day on the rotting carcasses.

Since famine/disease has usually followed every major war in human history (an
unnatural disaster, IMHO), so I'd have to agree that it would be a major
effect *after* an impact.  However, once the animal populations were reduced
below a certian size, disease would stop being a major influence.

Rob

***
"Wizzo butter is absolutely indistinguisable from a dead crab."
        -MPFC