Re: Swimming mammoths and climate change

> Actually, this can be easily refuted.  I don't have the author's name on me,
> but in a paper in the Journal of Biogeography in their early years, an
> ecologist cited and document the very good swimming ability of elephantids.
> (Part of their tethythere heritage?).  Indian elephants habitually swim off
> the mainland to islands several kilometers out to sea in search of food.

     Could this solve the problem as to how recently evolved forms
of dinosaurs got on to India while it was still an island?  How far away from
the continents was it during the Mesozoic?

LN Jeff
"My first film was the 1969 moon landing.  The astronauts were Barbie
dolls wrapped in aluminum foil.  'HELP KEN HELP!! I'M OUT OF AIR!!' HA HA
HA HA HA!!"
"I guess you had some help with the writing."