Re: questions

> to whom it may concern:
> could someone out there please send me the latest information on research
> of the archeaopteryx? anything you could give me would be appreciated!

     The length of the list of Archaeopteryx references is absolutely
appalling, one reason I didn't research it for the DinoPages web site.
Here are a few.  The first is a book, the rest are papers in journals:

The Beginnings of Birds, ed. M.K. Hecht, J.H. Ostrom, G. Viohl, and
     P.Wellnhoffer.  Eichstatt: Freunde des Jura-Meuseums Eichstatt, 1985.

Feduccia, A. 1993. Evidence from claw geometry indicating arboreal habits
     in Archaeopteryx.  Science 259, pp. 790-793

Feduccia and Tordoff, 1979. Feathers of Archaeopteryx: Assymetric vanes
     indicate aerodynamic function. Science 203, pp. 1021-1022.

Jenkins, F.A. Jr. 1993. The Evolution of the Avian Shoulder Joint.  American
      Journal of Science, 293(A) pp. 253-267

Rayner, J.M.V. 1988. The evolution of vertebrate flight.  Biological
     Journal of the Linnaean Society.  34, pp. 269-287

Vazquez, R. J., 1992 Functional Osteology of the avian wrist and the
      evolution of flapping flight.  Journal of morphology 211, pp.
     259-268

     There is another collection of papers called "Papers on avian
evolution in honor or Kurt Bordkorb" or soemthing like that.  Someone
else might have the references.

LN Jeff 0-
"You know something? THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY! ITS JUST A GUY IN  A SUIT!!"