Re[2]: Swimming mammoths and climate change

>Charcharodon charcharis is the great white, C. megalodon is the (Cretaceous?)

Try Cenozoic.  It went extinct in the Early Pliestocene.

>The problem does develop, however, when a
>feeding frenzy starts and the pachyderms are far from shore.

I'm not certain, but I think the feeding frenzy behavior is more
common for smaller sharks (reef sharks in particular), especially
those that tend to school; the larger sharks tend to be solitary, and
seem to be less likely to go berserk when there is abundant food in
the water.  So the threat of a shark attack on a herd is limited,
since the shark will only take a maximum of one mammoth.

Rob

Never walk your dog on a catwalk.