Re: Re[3]: Swimming mammoths and climate change

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996 JWagner@snlnet.com wrote:

>      I did not know that, but I believe that the point still stands,
>      assuming that there are smaller sharks in the area.  Although the
>      stories may be exagerated, I understand that once blood hits the
>      water, the sharks will come.

Hi all,
        Remembefr that sharks need food and so are more likely where
normal supplies of food are to be found. The more important item is that
blood is not a unique substance that instantly spreads out in all
directions. It goes with currents and that means less liklihood of a
wound attracting hordes of great whites to a swimming mammoth.

Diving Dinosaur, Geologist/Oceanographer/Ocean Engineer, 44 years SCUBA
mcallist@gate.net (954) 426-0808, Author Diving Locations, Boynton/Dania