thermoregulation and K/T extinction

>On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Tony Mills wrote:
>
>> This would tie in neatly with the extinctions of those animals
>> which needed the most food (those over 25 kg) or cold blooded
>> (unable to keep warm during the plunging temperatures)
>
>Cold-blooded?  But crocodiles, lizards, snakes, and turtles all
>survived!  Or do you mean the big ocean-going cold-bloods?
>
>>              Tony Mills
>
>Nick Pharris
>Pacific Lutheran University
>Tacoma, WA 98447
>(206)535-8206
>PharriNJ@PLU.edu

Ooops... yes.. most of the animals that survived were cold blooded..
What I meant was cold blooded 25kg + (which was most of the animal
biomass at the time).  I don't think mammals had got to the 25KG+
size by the time the dinosaurs became extinct.

Pardon..

                Tony Mills
                Roehampton Institute London
                Tel (work) ++44 181-392-3121