Tail Artc. n T-rex(?)/Lambiosaur/Sue

Hello All,
Just a few thoughts here.

Tail Articulation(?)

Ever since the debate surrounding the dangers of a falling T-rex., don't
panic that's not the querry intent here, I've been thinking about overall
T-rex itself. Is it generally accepted that the tail of T-rex. was limited
in range of motion as to be only of small advantage in
side-to-sidebalancing? I don't know, and was wondering if that might be of
importance if T-rex was a predominately straight-ine runner.

I was also thinking if the tail was extremely felxible it would be a good
aid in keeping the trodonts and such,
(pest-type-jackal-like-thingies-that-steal-little-bits-at-a-kill), away by
sweeping it as a cat sometimes will. If this tail was that pliable it would
seem to suggest the overall fleibility of the beast.

While I'm ignorant of the details, I would think that great tail had major
influence on the rest of "The King's" body articulation. Walking, standing,
running, fighting and all other body use is reflected throughout. Unless
T-rex. could regrow a tail, if lost in youth maybe(?), life would just be a
b____ without it, flexible or no.

 Lambiosaur Info Querry,

Does anyone have info regarding the Judith River Dinosaur Institute? This
month's issue of "Fossil News" has a very exiting tease concerning an
extremely well preserved Lambiosaur, articulated with skin and other soft
tissue indicating a male of the species. Does anyone know Nate Murphy and
the work done near Malta, Montana. the photo with the article is way cool.

Sue

Something has to be done. Maybe the best T-rex. fossil ever found is
sitting in boxes while the scientific gain is being put on hold. A team of
respected and qualified paleontologist need to petition the parties
involved, with the full support of us amatuers, for the complete
restoration and documemtation of this treasure. You pros could call it the
Larson Project, draw major media attention to our science and the extremely
important issues regarding our fossil resources. I think if we could
involve museums, schools(grade to post grad),  and other institutions to
mount a concerted effort to rescue Sue. I could care less where she reside
afterwards, the important thing is studying this specimen and maybe make
casts. It seems to be a natural focusing point we could rally around to
reinvent our science both figuratively and literally. A large scale
cooperative effort could also do much more good for the field than the data
collceted from Sue, and carry over for years to follow. Most of all it
would label us as caring and dedicated folks, even if we do love dinosaurs,
and gain the power of respect this science deserves.