The weather channel (was Re: Swimming mammoths and climate change)

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Nicholas J. Pharris wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 1996 Tompaleo@aol.com wrote:
>
> > >John Ellingson
> > >
> > >Becoming extinct north of the new arctic circle in Madison, WI.
> > >
> > >Has the axis tilted while I was struggling with Daylight savings time?
> >
> > Hey Us Marylanders are still shivering at this new Ice Age too!
> > So much for global warming ;-)
> >
> > Thomas R. Lipka
>
> I don't know.  I can count on one hand the number of times it snowed here
> this winter.  It was 67 degrees here the other day.  :-)
>
> And I'm farther north than either of you!
>

> Nick Pharris
> Pacific Lutheran University
> Tacoma, WA 98447
> (206)535-8206
> PharriNJ@PLU.edu

But you have the Kuro Shio (Japan Current and the winds blowuing from the
Japan/Aleutian Current, at 45 or so degrees, across Washingtom. Thats why
the NW coasts of continents are habitable.

Diving Dinosaur, Geologist/Oceanographer/Ocean Engineer, 44 years SCUBA
mcallist@gate.net (954) 426-0808, Author Diving Locations, Boynton/Dania