Re: RETURN OF AUSSIE MEGA-HERPS

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Darren Naish wrote:

> If these animals can be shown to be amphibious, they are not, as has
> been implied, models comparable with dinosaurs. Not that I'm
> interested in physiology you understand ;-).

        This might explain quite a bit. Instead of being comparable to
dinosaurs, then, Megalania would be comparable to the giant crocs, and
Wonambi, a huge anaconda (BTW does anyone know anything about giant
sea-snakes?I seem to recall hearing something about them somewhere).

         But how does Geochelone fit into all this?