rearing browsers and groundhogs

        There's a nice big, fat groundhog out my window. Earlier it was
grazing on grass, but now the animal has reared up on its hindlimbs and
is feeding on some shrubs. I think they're some sort of bush in the rose
family.
        I don't know how this is supposed to fit into all our nice little
ideas about selective vs nonselective feeding, grazing vs. browsing, etc.
        Not quite Diplodocus, of course...

        -Nick L.