Egg predation: the pattern UNconfirmed.

John Bois writes;

>But I would argue that, in the egg-predation ambience of the
>Cretaceous, stealthy reproduction conferred great advantage.

I question whether mammalian egg predation existed at all.  The major
groups of mammals present were the multis, insectivore-style placentals,
and marsupials.  None of these look like candidates for an egg-eating
lifestyle.  The closest we come is with the insectivores, but their teeth
are too small to be effective against a dinosaur eggshell.

Rob
***
"That rabbit's dynamite."
                -MPATHG