Re: Coelophysis/Rioarribasaurus

Having been deeply involved in this issue, I can say that there is little if
any positive evidence that there is more than one species of theropod at
Ghost Ranch. Have examined the type Rioarribasaurus when glass was removed
along with Alex Downs, and we found pelvic elements beneath hip socket either
buried in sediment of damaged. The type is therefore not diagnostic. Telling
apart individual, sexual, ontogenetic, species, and generic differences in
fossil record is a nightmare.

The real question is whether the Ghost Ranch theropod is Coelophysis of
Syntarsus. I lean towards the former, but in the end I do not care that much.

GSPaul