Re: MOSASAUR SKIN UPDATE

In a message dated 96-04-23 19:01:40 EDT, Darren Naish writes:

>Now this is very interesting, and brings me on to something else I've been
>meaning to ask. Has Bakker published any work on marine reptiles, does he
>plan to?

While he was at Dinofest, Bakker mentioned that the pliosaur Megalneusaurus,
with a head he estimated at 11' in length, may have rivaled Kronosaurus in
size.  The type specimen, a flipper found in Wyoming, was rather badly
described in 1900.  Bakker plans to redescribe the specimen, and is cleaning
it in preparation for casting.

Gary Kerr