Mononykus and feathers

On the subject of _Mononykus_ and feathers, Larry Martin at dinofest says
in his abstract,

"_Mononykus is another dinosaur that has been confused with birds.  The
general configuration of the shoulder girdle, arms, and hands is
surprisingly like _Compsognathus_, and unlike _Archaeopteryx_.  The
combination of a reduced reduced wrist, enlarged metacarpal I, and
enlargement of the astragalus until it is the only functional proximal
tarsal in the mesotarsal joint, supports an affiliation of _Mononykus_ with
the ornithomimid dinosaurs."

Hmmm

Chris

it was all downhill from there.