Re: Use of the term "raptor" for theropod dinosaurs

At 11:41 PM 4/27/96 -0400, D. Tanke wrote:
>Am I the only one who objects to the use of the
>term "raptor" for small theropod dinosaurs?

   WHICH small theropod dinosaurs?  If you're talking about avians,
troodontids, dromaeosaurids and tyrannosaurids, you're talking about
maniraptors (or maniraptorforms, haven't seen a post from Dr. Holtz clearing
this up).  I have no partcular problem with the term being shortened to
'raptors.

** (for all your Dinosaur product needs),    ** little freedom for a      **
** Jeff's Journal of Dinosaur Paleontology,  ** little security will soon **
** and The Dinosaur Mailing List Omnipedia.  ** find they have none of    **
** http://www.dinosauria.com                 ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **