Re: Use of the term "raptor" for theropod dinosaurs

>    WHICH small theropod dinosaurs?  If you're talking about avians,
> troodontids, dromaeosaurids and tyrannosaurids, you're talking about
> maniraptors (or maniraptorforms, haven't seen a post from Dr. Holtz clearing
> this up).  I have no partcular problem with the term being shortened to
> 'raptors.

     The term "raptor" is properly applied to a very specific group of
birds.  Conscripting the name to include such a wide group of dinosaurs
and birds clouds the correct useage of the term.  You might as well call
them all ratities.

LN Jeff
"I don't like my friends."
"Yeah, I don't like your friends either."