Re: NAPC-96 Washington, June 1996

In a message dated 96-04-28 02:27:02 EDT, Chris Nedin writes:

>Is anyone on the list going to the North American Paleontology Conference
>in Washington this June?
>
>I am, and wouldn't mind getting together (providing you do not mind being
>seen with an invertebrate palaeontologist!)

DAMN!

I was going to post the same thing question but decided to wait a few more
days. I am also attending the NAPC-96 and would like to hear from those who
are attending/presenting as well.  Just out of curiousity, and as an
_unofficial_ prelude to the abstracts with programs that we all will get,
would anyone who plans to present or talk about something ( I am) care to
tell us something about their presentation?  Think of it as a free chance to
advertize your work! Conversely, if you do not wish to make any public
statements yet but don't mind telling me or others off list, I would still be
interested. Maybe even post an abstract?

I think that the use of the Internet mailing lists to send out previews of
such things would be of tremendous value to the paleo community as a whole
and also let's other members of this list who are also interested get a taste
of things. IMHO

Of course we don't want to side-step the NAPC on this and it is not my
intention to do so.

Comments?

Regards,
Thomas R. Lipka