early mammals & NAPC

2 questions, different topics.

First, I've been watching a very interesting show on PBS, "The Velvet
Claw," about the rise of predatory mammals. Can anyone here recommend
some books along this line? My knowledge of mammal evolution is as
fragmentary as the skeleton of mononykus. I realize this is off-topic,
but I figured someone out there would know.

2 Is the NAPC/T. Holtz pep-rally open to the public? I'm local, and would
like to go if possible.

Blaise "There will be a raw rubbing of parts" Considine
[bpc.apa@email.apa.org] For anyone interested, a senior editor of
Psychological Abstracts, the American Psychological Association