Troodon

I was watching one of my favourite shows the other night - Paleoworld, and
it was about Troodon. The scriptwriters were playing with the thought of
this intelligent animal hunting mainly small mammals. I noticed the sickle
claw and thought: This does not quite make sense.
Am I totally out in left field, or would it seem more probable that Troodon
would hunt whatever came its way (within reason, of course), more like an
opportunistic approach? To me it is like saying that the present Lynx would
_only_ be hunting rabbits and smaller rodents.

Ken