Mystery Object

Though I know playing a game of "identify the bone" using only
text description is likely to be futile, I thought would gather
what suggestions I could.

The object in question was removed from Upper K. deposits.
It is a 7" long, curving fragment.  Viewed from the side, it
strongly resembles a Tyrannosaurid tooth.  However, the cross
section is much thinner.  Viewed back to front, the object
tapers to a thin edge on both the outer and inner surface of
the curve.  It is also a bit more recovered than a typical
carnosaur tooth, having a curve somewhere between a T. rex
tooth and a Utahraptor claw (does that make sense to anyone?).

The material is dense, dark, and coated with a sheath of harder
brittle material that does not have the appearance of surface
bone.  There are no visible serations front or back.  There is
no apparent blooding groove along the side, as might be expected
of a claw.

The object was found in association with ribs and vert. from a
Triceratops.  Also found in the same layer was the tip of a
tooth from Albertosaurus(?).

Some of those involved in the recovery were of the opinion that
this was the tip of another, unrecovered, rib.  However, this
object was much denser than, and with a vastly different
appearance from, any of the bone taken from the same layer.
It's cross section is also much more sharply tapered on either
side of the curve than were the recovered ribs.  The pore spaces
on the fractured end are much finer.  And that glossy stuff on
the outside has an an appearance that puts me in mind of a
claw sheath.

Any tips in identifying this little bugger would be appreciated.

    __     Mark Sumner
   /  \    http://www.sff.net/people/Sumner
  /    \   DEVIL'S TOWER Preview at http://www.inlink.com/~range