BLOW TO MORAG THE MONSTER HUNTERS

Darren, are you subscribed to the Forteana list?  Terry

Subject: BLOW TO MORAG THE MONSTER HUNTERS
Author:  forteana@lists.primenet.com at smtp-fhu
Date:    2/08/96 08:59

>From the Press Association - http://www.pa.press.net/
BLOW TO MORAG THE MONSTER HUNTERS
Fri 2 Aug 1996

By Joe Quinn, PA News

Hopes of fresh evidence of the existence of Morag the Monster, a lesser-known
relative of the fabled Loch Ness creature, have been dashed.

Mysterious bones found 60ft down in Loch Morar, northern Scotland, came from a
deer, a biologist has determined.

Fans of Morag, whose first known sighting was in 1895, were today musing if it
was not Morag, at least it may have been her lunch.

The bones were found by subaqua diver Cameron Turner, 27, from Darlington, Co
Durham, during an expedition to the remote 1,077ft deep loch.

The mission was part of a two-week expedition to the area by the Loch Monster
Fan Club, whose members have also been scanning Loch Ness.

"When I saw the bones at first poking through the silt on the loch bottom, I
was sure they were from the tail of a water beast," Cameron said.

"But the only reason that they could have been so deep in the water is if they
are the remains of Morag's dinner."

+ Copyright 1995-1996 PA Data Design. All rights reserved