Re: ALULAS, BATS, PTEROSAURS

Ronald Orenstein wrote:

> Imagine a bat version of a stork, a loon or a woodpecker to
> see what I mean.  As far as flight goes bats can do pretty much anything
> birds can, though perhaps not quite so well - flying foxes even soar, though
> bats certainly have not produced anything quite like an albatross or a condor.

perhaps this has more to do with bat colony-and-nesting behavior?  I'd
really hate to see a colony of condor-sized bats emerging from some
crack in the earth at nightfall.  Or an albatross-sized bat squezing
itslf in with 20 others under some bark in a tree.
  The guano piles must be something unbelievable......
-Betty