Re: Fossils in meteorites

[I'm letting this drift a bit since it still has paleontological
 relevance, but since we're pretty far from dinosaurs here, I hope
 that people will answer Paul directly rather than continue on this
 list.  Thanks. -- MR ]

We have been bombarded with this story as well and the pictures shown on
the telly so far look promising. My question: ho do they know the meteroite
came from Mars? And, while we are at it, how did they deterimine that the
thing landed 13,000 years ago?

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au