Re: Art and "Reality"

Tracy Ford wrote (quoting Lawrence Dunn):

 > >2) Could Tyrannosaurus Rex have tucked its wee arms back against its
 > >body as it closed in on a prey animal?  ...
 >
 > That I can't really say, but I think Carpenter and Smith? showed that
 > the fore limb was too muscular ...

In that vein - my hypothesis is that it used the arms to immobilize
its prey while killing it.

The placement of the arms in the natural pose is just about exactly
at the level of the back of a Triceratops or a Anatotitan.  By
approaching from behind I believe it could grab and hold these animals
in a way that prevented them from moving easily.

The peace of God be with you.