witching rods

[All right, after this I don't expect to accept any more of these
 "witching" messages.  The first one was, at best, marginally
 relevant.  I'm not sure how witching works either, but I strongly
 suspect that the fact that dinosaur bones are dielectrics rather than
 conductors (i.e. dinosaur bones are *not* pipes) it wouldn't work for
 them.  Can we move along back to dinosaurs now?  Thanks.  -- MR ]

I hate to mention this but I have been able to witch metals and water using
bent hangers of about the same size discussed already. This is a terrible
thing for a deep rooted physist to say. I have absolutely no idea how or why
it works. I'm better some days than others.

paul sparks