Re: MARTIAN PALEOBIOLOGISTS - NYET!

GSP1954@aol.com wrote:

> One thing I am wondering. The supposed Martian microfossils are much smaller
> than fossil Earthly bacteria of equal age. Are there any professional
> biologists who can say whether any modern nonviral life (bacteria?) are as
> small as the Martian "fossils"?

I believe that such small bacteria as _Chlymidia_ (sp?) are in the
same size range.  There are also several bacteria under the
genus _rickettsia_ which used to be called "unfilterable" bacteria
because they were small enough to pass through all the filters
which nabbed their larger relatives.

Keep your roboprobes.  I'm off to be a xenopaleontologist!

Mark

    __     Mark Sumner
   /  \    http://www.sff.net/people/sumner
  /    \   DEVIL'S TOWER Preview at http://www.inlink.com/~range