Re: Crater may reveal how dinosaurs became extinct

Stan Friesen wrote:

> And Shoemaker-Levy *certainly* was a comet.

Actually, I understand astronomers are still debating whether the
Shoemaker-Levy object was a comet or asteroid.  I realize this
seems like picking a nit in this discussion, but my point is we
need be careful when making claims in another field.  For
example, all the astronomy literature I've seen is absolutely
certain that the dinosaur extinction was due to an asteroid or
comet strike :).

Andrew Robinson