Welcome a new temporary moderator

Those of you who have been here a while will recognize Ron Orenstein.
He's going to be filling in for me while I'm on my way to Bloomington,
Indiana.  This message is also a test of his moderating acumen ;-)  If
you get this, it means he passes!

I'll be pretty much incommunicado for about a week.  If you have an
urgent problem, your best bet is probably to write to Sam McLeod
(thanks and sorry Sam).  He can be reached at:

smcleod@bcf.usc.edu

Ron has power in terms of approving (or not) messages sent to the
list, but only Sam can help you with subscription problems.

Thanks for your patience!

NB:

I hope this works.

If it does, of course, it means that you are all in my power.

HahahaHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! (as Calvin would say)

at least until Mickey takes this off my hands on the 26th.

I'll try not to louse things up too much, but if I do you can find me at

ornstn@inforamp.net