RE: GIANT CERATOPSIANS AND R.O.U.S. (or whatever) (Jonathan Richard Wagner)

Sender: Jonathan Richard Wagner <jrw6f@faraday.clas.virginia.edu>
Subject: RE: GIANT CERATOPSIANS AND R.O.U.S. (or whatever)

1) Nick Longrich wrote something about "giant megalosaurs"...
What where how why when?  I need details man!
        For the moment I will ignore the fact that no one has
done any work defining the taxon anyway (except for the Paul and
Bakker taxa, whihch are apparently both para/polyphyletic).

2) I am surprised that no one has brought up the "gigantic"
ceratopsian skull in the BYU basement.  Last I heard, it was
really really big (eight feet maybe?  Don't hold me to that, I
can't remember).  It is usually called a "Triceratops" skull,
which may mean it is a short-frill, in which case we are talking
about a big critter indeed!

3) As for large duckbills, the tracks on display at AMNH are
positively huge themselves.

Wagner

Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5