Re: Extinction and Complexity

It would seem that there is some reasonable evidence to agree with Stuart
Kauffman and others that the evolutionary process (including extinctions) is
a complex adaptive system and can be explained froma asystems point of view
as behaving (as a system) in a manner consistent with complexity theories.
 Kauffman's books: Origin of Order and At Home in the Universe along with
many others (any one contacting me can get my personal reading list on the
subject), make a strong case for this phenomena.

John Ellingson
Madison, WI
the glaciers have returned